* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* DTTUSA Store

Get your DTTUSA SWAG here. All proceeds go toward keeping this site online. Go NOW!

Sponsors

* Recent Posts/Topics

Hello All by PhillyTy73
[July 13, 2019, 04:27:42 pm]

Re: Greetings & a unique situation by marcfranc
[July 12, 2019, 06:32:46 am]

Re: After the cita... by D-mo
[July 08, 2019, 07:41:37 pm]

Re: Stuck on issue by D-mo
[July 08, 2019, 07:39:46 pm]

Re: NOA 2 received approved, case sent to NVC by D-mo
[July 08, 2019, 07:36:47 pm]

* Top Topics

* Calendar Information

* Calendar

July 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

* Most Appreciated Members

D-mo D-mo
TuBabyTierna TuBabyTierna
mexicana mexicana
marcfranc marcfranc
Twincactus Twincactus

* Latest Poll

• Do you like you spouse to be jealous?
  • Dot yes
  • 6 (14%)
  • Dot a little bit
  • 21 (50%)
  • Dot no
  • 15 (35%)
  • Total Members Voted: 42
  • View Topic

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: DCF interview Account  (Read 6089 times)

Offline indhyrocksss

• View Profile
  • Location of my SO: None
  • Visa Type: None
DCF interview Account
« on: June 25, 2012, 04:54:13 pm »
I'm not one for sharing much, but since I found so much help in this website I knew I had to post my experience in case that it could help somebody else. We were approved!
It might be a bit long because I relate a bit about DCF process, Medical Exam experience, and the Interview.

We filed for DCF (Direct Consular Filing).  It was hard to figure out wether it was possible to do it or not until my husband asked on http://Dominicanstotheusa.com.
So the first step was to call USCIS (809-221-2171 ext. 6608) Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. To 11 a.m. to make an appointment to take the required documents to file the I-130 properly. Note: One thing we learned is that having the necessary documents will save you time and headaches. We started calling this number.
The Info people outside will most likely have no idea what DCF is so you'll need to educate them which means going there and asking them will be of no help.
We tried for about a week to call this number with no luck, and decided to simply show up. We went on May 2nd (Wednesday), they told us they only work with DCF on Thursdays, they made an appointment for us for May 3rd.  Well, it turned out that they didn't really made an appointment for us but after a lot of arguing they let us in. We went to window 25, turns out we were missing the original of two documents and had to come back in a week, the following Thursday. (A whole week delay because we didn't get the correct documentation!!)
May 10th was when we finally filed the I-130. After that it was simply waiting. From other people who had done DCF we knew our answer could come any time from 3 to 6 weeks. It was 4 weeks 4 days, June 11th, 2012.  I called my husband at work to give him the news and we started gathering the documents we needed, filling the forms.

We went to get the medical on June 13th (Wednesday). My husband went with me but couldn't come in to Consultorio de Visas. He waited outside.
In there things ran smoothly, I never waited for too long. You go in, make a line to pay for the exams and vaccinations. First you get the X Rays, then they take your blood. A young girl drew my blood, which wasn't painful but I don't think she had much experience about it. 15 minutes later I was still bleeding. You do these two things without waiting to be called. After that you wait to be called for the medical exam where they weight you and feel your heart. You have to be in your underwear. Because I'm shy it was a bit uncomfortable because this people work so fast they don't care much, but it was nothing unbearable. Then you get in the vaccine line and if you are as much afraid of needles as I am, your heart stops. The vaccines didn't hurt at all though, except for the next day when I got a fever and felt like I couldn't move my arm. This only lasted for about a day and a half.
Then you sit and wait for a CD and the vaccinations report and you are free to leave. I was told at the beginning when I paid that since I had an Open Cita I needed to go get my results. On June 22nd (Friday). Which meant my appointment would be Monday, June 25th.

From then on waiting to the Cita I wasn't nervous about the approval or not, somehow my husband and I were so normal and our relationship was so solid and good, we had no red flags at all. We thought about all the reasons people got denied and there was nothing they could tell us.

We thought about the Red Flags, even though we didn't have any knowing them can help prepare a couple for the questioning that could come because of it, I read so many interview accounts and saw these red flags be overcome by honesty, patience, and preparedness.

I think people should dress the part, if you do a careful examination of your relationship and think one of the red flags could make them question your motives in the relationship, you better do not give them extra doubts by not dressing properly.

For me this was an important day, my relationship didn't depend on it, but my happiness in the near future did. I could not imagine my husband leaving without me, it would have broken my heart and his. You get married to be with the person you love, you do not want to be miles apart.

Despite this certainty that we would get approved, I couldn't sleep and so I read every interview account in the DR posted here and in VisaJourney. I am serious. I read each one of them, it's all I could do every night. Some of them reassured me that we would be okay, others shattered my confidence. I would tell my husband about some and he acted pissed off, he was mad at his own Embassy and got very defensive so I told him, baby, you don't know yet... calm down, maybe they'll treat us nice. Days went by like this, I fired him up and then it was my responsibility to calm him down.

On June 22nd, we went to get the results with a big red tape, Do Not Open. We didn't. It was a 10 minutes kind of thing and it sucked going to Santo Domingo just for that.

On Sunday, June 24th, we went to stay at Marriott. We sat and talked together, not much about the Interview, we were done with that. There was a Criminal Minds Marathon on AXN and we watched that until bed time.

This morning, June 25th, 2012 we woke up at 5.30 a.m. We had decided to get there at 6 a.m. but changed our mind to 6:15 a.m., so we got there, the line seemed long but very soon we were let in.
A cocky part of me thought we would be out of there by 9 a.m., so imagine that it was 9 and they haven't even call us once, not even to give my paperwork. I started to freak out, my husband had always been calm, but he was visibly desperate. They were calling people they had already called, for fingerprints and then for Interviews. A couple had been approved and was leaving and I was completely sure they had forgotten about our existence.
And then, they called us. We go, I give them my documents, everything was in order and we sat again. It was about another hour before they called us for fingerprinting, that was really fast and we sat down. I had come to terms with the wait and we both zoned out, I heard them call our number to window 19 but it didn't register. I saw it in the screen and thought to myself, that's my number. But didn't stand up or did anything, it was the weirdest thing. I poke my husband and tell him that's our number and then he stands up, OMG, and it finally sinks in, We need to go to the window, it's Interview time!
We go there, English or Spanish, we chose English because even though my husband has been living here for 2 years his Spanish is non-existent. The guy said, bear with me, this is the first time I do this in English this morning and swears us in. I had already seen the green slip and felt very calm and good about everything. My husband, who hadn't been nervous at all through the whole process chose rambling to show his nerves. I had read they don't like rambling and so got very nervous but did nothing to stop him, his rambling paid off.
Do you have kids in common? No
Where do you plan to live in the US?
When did you get married? April 15th (this is the only question I answered, my husband took up all the other questions and added more than needed lol)
When did we meet?
What did he do for work?

The guy said, Well, I'm going to go ahead and approve your Visa, we said thank you and went to pay Domex. We chose to pick it up in Santo Domingo, so they told me to call on Thursday and check on it.
It was about eleven by then.

Thank You everyone who has tell us about your experiences in order to help others!

Bring Your Dominican Family to the USA - Dominicans to the USA

DCF interview Account
« on: June 25, 2012, 04:54:13 pm »

Offline His Shorty

• Brugal
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: in pa with me!
  • Visa Type: k1
Re: DCF interview Account
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 05:09:27 pm »
Congrats indhyrocks  :champagne:! great post. people need info like this!! thanks for posting your experience!! :)
Met my hubby in 2001
1st trip as couples 8/18/09
been going 4 his b-day almost every year...
Sent the petition on 11/13/09
2nd trip 2 c my baby 2/2/10
Petition approved on 2/26/10
sent to Santo Domingo on 3/5/10
hard copy received on 3/15/10
approved on 3/16/10
found out about cita 5/24/10
7/07/10 CITA
placed on AP,
letter sent on oct 01 2010
approved on oct 18th
wohooo!
biometrics appt on july 25th 2011
interview on nov. 02, 2011!!!!
aos approved
received card 10 days later!

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Flisa125

• Mamajuana
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: NONE
  • Visa Type: NONE
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:21:50 pm »
 :champagne: Congrats! Thanks for the very detailed experience. Best of luck in the future.
"Days are scrolls: write on them only what you want remembered!"
- Bchya Ibn Pakuda

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 05:28:04 pm »
Congrats!  Reading your experience, I realize, your's pretty much mirrors our experience. I lived in Santiago with my wife for about 2 years before we we actually went and filed my wife's petition. The entire process took 1 month and 1 day (it took 4 times as long to complete the Dominican Residency process for me). I had the same rambling emotions at the interview window.. I just couldn't help myself!

Again, congrats!

D-mo
"You can't fix stupid"  Ron White

Offline ladii04

• Platano
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: dominican republic
  • Visa Type: CR1
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 05:36:04 pm »
I liked the details =) and it didnt seem so bad. Congrats!
8/7/2009-Started Dating
5/21/2011-Married =)

USCIS
7/6/11- Sent I-130
7/11/11- Rcvd email/text
7/14/11 NOA1
1/18/12- Rcvd Text/USCIS updated request for more evidence
1/23/12- Rcvd letter requesting to translate marriage certificate.
1/26/12- Sent requested info certified mail
2/6/12-  Rcvd my evidence, wait for a response in 60 days
3/27/12- NOA 2

NVC
4/16/12 NVC rcvd case
4/27/12 NVC assigned case # provided emails
4/30/12 Rcvd email for DS-3032 & to pay AOS fee
5/01/12- Sent DS-3032 via email, beneficiary email, also NVC had to regenerate AOS since it won't allow me to pay
5/02/12-Paid AOS fee
5/08/12-DS-3032 accepted
5/09/12- Paid IV fee
5/15/12- AOS & DS-230 rcvd via fedex
5/29/12- Case Complete
7/20/12- LA CITA!!! VISA APPROVED
7/24/12- Picked up visa @ domex santiago
7/28/12- BOTH Arrive in MIA
8/9/12- SSN card arrived
8/14/12- Resident Card arrived in mail

LIFTING CONDITIONS
4/28/14 -Sent I-751
5/9/14-NOA
5/17/14- Rcvd Biometrics Appt for June 11th
6/11/14- Biometrics appt.

Offline indhyrocksss

• View Profile
  • Location of my SO: None
  • Visa Type: None
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 06:31:14 am »
Thank you all. I felt it was my 'duty' to tell my experience. :)

And Thanks D-mo, I knew you had a close experience to ours because when my husband asked about DCF here (his username is johndoe31), you were the one to help him through with some doubts we had.
Maybe rambling is not so bad lol, since it worked for both of our cases.

Offline johndoe31

• View Profile
  • Location of my SO: Dom Rep
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 12:11:37 pm »
I will offer some more information on things people should try to do to make it easier:

1.) Try to meet each others families and have pictures with each others families. They asked a question about this.

2.) Try to act happy and like you want to be there. We saw one couple go to window 11 and the guy seemed pretty miserable and didnt crack a smile the whole time we watched them. Its kind of crazy that its so public and you can watch couples and families cases.

3.) Take snapshots of your facebook profile pictures and walls with the comments and mutual friends. We included a lot of this in the I-130.

4.) We organized our printed pictures in packages, stapled them, and put them in a 3 ring binder in case they asked to see a specific trip or event. (Wedding, Vacation with parents, etc.) . Many people seemed to go in with nothing. Have pictures with many other people and not just close ups of you.

5.) Under the DCF, the first time they call you up they ask for the I-864, DS230, etc. etc. It seems like you could be sent away at this point if you didnt have the right things or follow the directions. They may go forward with the interview, but you may have to bring things back before you get your visa.

6.) Try to sit under a fan when you get there.

7.) The Mariott seems to get more expensive if you book it last minute. Try to book it more in advance if possible.

8.) I dont think rambling is so bad if you have something extra to offer. Simple yes and no answers didnt seem to be enough to me, but this is just my opinion.

9.) Review your I-130 package you submitted before your interview. You forget what you put in there and things could have changed. 

Good luck.

Offline marcfranc

• Habichuela con Dulce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 12:33:38 pm »
Thanks so much for your detailed descriptions. It really does help. I wish you both a happy life together full of love.

:disco:

Offline Gingerfur

• Presidente
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: Dominican Republic
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 06:54:39 am »
I'm the American. I have my Dominican Residency and Cedula.
I've lived here since 2003 (but I return to the U.S. during the off-months from teaching.)

We had our first date in Spring, 2008. We met at church.
We were engaged December 2011.
We were married November 2012. (For the interview, I'll re-check these dates...)

I'd like to do DCF, since it is done in Santo Domingo. I'd hope that he can go home with me to Washington, D.C. at Christmas. That is in 5 months!!!

Any advice? Direction? I feel SO lost when I read everything online!!!!

Thanks.

I moved to the Dominican---a Resident: Summer 2003
Just Friends: Fall 2006
Dating: April 2008
Engaged: December 2010
Married: November 2012
DCF--Visa Process Started: End of September 2013
Received our first letter & then our#---Mid-Oct.
Received our Cita Date by email! Beginning of January :D
Valentine's Day 2014: Received our Packet!
Medical done and gathered all papers again: Mid-Feb.
Cita/Appointment: Mid-March 2014!!!!! WE GOT IT!!!!
Moving together to the US: The start of June, 2014!

POE in Boston was easy (although I forgot to remind the gal about a change of address, so hopefully me changing it online was enough)...
We're doing really well, praise God!
More later.....

* Please help!

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 212
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Latest Members

* Board Statistics

• stats Total Members: 2521
  • stats Total Posts: 236873