* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* DTTUSA Store

Get your DTTUSA SWAG here. All proceeds go toward keeping this site online. Go NOW!

Sponsors

* Recent Posts/Topics

Re-Entry Permit for my 7 year old daughter by armando123
[September 12, 2019, 06:45:20 pm]

Re: Filling out i864 with household member. by D-mo
[July 23, 2019, 08:50:53 pm]

Re: Hello All by D-mo
[July 23, 2019, 08:46:48 pm]

Re: Greetings & a unique situation by D-mo
[July 23, 2019, 08:37:57 pm]

Filling out i864 with household member. by suarezj519
[July 23, 2019, 03:44:48 pm]

* Top Topics

* Calendar Information

* Calendar

September 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

* Most Appreciated Members

D-mo D-mo
TuBabyTierna TuBabyTierna
mexicana mexicana
marcfranc marcfranc
Twincactus Twincactus

* Latest Poll

• Do you like you spouse to be jealous?
  • Dot yes
  • 6 (14%)
  • Dot a little bit
  • 21 (50%)
  • Dot no
  • 15 (35%)
  • Total Members Voted: 42
  • View Topic

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: World Baseball Classic roundup: USA, Dominican Republic, Japan keep winning  (Read 5498 times)

Offline jstarebel

• Presidente
    • View Profile
I for one am enjoyng the WBC games. To me, it's the REAL world series of baseball.. No million dollar player contracts, NO player strikes, No umpire Strikes, and NO CORPORATE team owners.. Just the game of baseball!! Gotta love it!

USA 7, Puerto Rico 1: We saw the Team USA we've been waiting for. The dominant one. The one that knocks the ball around the field and pitches it sharply too. David Wright lived up to his "Captain America" nickname again, with two hits and five RBIs. Meanwhile, Gio Gonzalez gave the Americans their best starting pitching performance of the tournament, going five innings and striking out five while blanking Puerto Rico.

Dominican Republic 5, Italy 4: Italy looked like it would shock the WBC again — for six innings at least. The Italians put up four runs in the first inning and held a 4-2 lead after the sixth. But the powerful, highly favored Dominican Republic team scored three in the seventh and held on to win. Jose Reyes and Robinson Cano both homered for Dominican Republic, which now moves on to face Team USA on Thursday in a battle of two WBC juggernauts.

Japan 10, Netherlands 6: In a game that wouldn't knock either team out of the tournament — they've both already advanced to the semifinals in San Francisco — Japan's offense came alive again to thump the Dutch team. Japan had already beaten them 16-4 on Sunday. This time, the defending champs scored eight runs in the second inning and didn't need anything else. With the win, Japan gets a No. 1 seed in San Francisco while Netherlands get a No. 2 seed. They play again Sunday and Monday, respectively.

Bring Your Dominican Family to the USA - Dominicans to the USA

Offline marcfranc

• Habichuela con Dulce
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting. Nice recap. Where are you watching the games?

Offline jstarebel

• Presidente
    • View Profile
I'm watching this tonight at Cap's. Its' a Dominican bar on St. John. I'm sure I'll be the only gringo in the place, but I still have to root for team USA although both teams are really really good this year. It should be a great baseball game!. For anybody interested, it is being broadcast on MLB and ESPN.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:35:01 am by jstarebel »

Offline jstarebel

• Presidente
    • View Profile
As I've said, I'm really not into organized sports but with that being said, I had a great time last night watching the WBC game between Santo Domingo and USA. As everyone knows, Gabriela was in Miami and was able to watch the game live at Marlins Park with her niece and sister, so chalk up another new experience for my lovely wife. Anyway, It was a great game tied 1-1 after the first inning and stayed that way up until the 9th inning when Santo Domingo scored two runs in the top of the ninth. They brought in a fresh pitcher for the USA's final time at bat and shut down team USA's bats to win the game 3-1. It was funny that I was in Cap's bar/restaurant in St. John which is a dominican place to watch the game. Gaby and I hang out there regularly, but I was the only "Gringo" in the place, and of course rooting for my country as they were for theirs. I got teased a lot after the game, and had to buy a round for everyone but had a great time with my Dominican amigos.. PS.. I looked for Gaby on TV in hopes to se her, but it was not to be.

Offline sonny1022

• Brugal
  • Forgiveness; queen of all virtues. hardest to find
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: red neck, Alabama
  • Visa Type: CR1
buying a round of beers, sound like a sceen from a TV show. Did any Dominican born USA players play for the DR,giving them the winning edge?
******AOS******
7/2011................Mailed 751 form
8/2011................NOA 1 , CR extended 1 yr
12/27/11.............Biometric appointment(wife out of country)
2/15/12..............New Biometric appointment
3/22/12..............Permanent green card

**************Citizenship******
11/2012........... paper work sent
1/19/13............Biometric for wifey
3/19/13.............Citizenship interview

Offline jstarebel

• Presidente
    • View Profile
buying a round of beers, sound like a sceen from a TV show. Did any Dominican born USA players play for the DR,giving them the winning edge?

As it turns out (I figured it out last night), ALL of team USA are MLB players, as are MOST of the Dominicans which is why the game was so close. There were USA/Dominican teamates playing against each other. I got the feeling that the WBC games are more for "pride of country" then anything else. As far as the beers go, I'm the gringo, and my country lost!! But I couldn't NOT root for my own country.. It was a pretty fun night for me.

Offline marcfranc

• Habichuela con Dulce
    • View Profile
Sonny!!!!!   How are you?

Offline jstarebel

• Presidente
    • View Profile
Puerto Rico humble Japan to reach WBC title game..

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Giant-killers Puerto Rico ended Japan's World Baseball Classic reign on Sunday, combining a strong pitching effort with the power of Alex Rios to win their semi-final showdown 3-1 at AT&T Park.

Rios crushed a towering two-run homer in the seventh inning off reliever Atsushi Nohmi to break open a taut pitchers' duel and give Puerto Rico a 3-0 lead as Japan lost a chance to extend their domination of the world's top international tournament.

"We're really proud of what we've done," said Rios, whose team eliminated favored powers Venezuela in the first round, the U.S. team in the second round and now the two-time defending champions in the semi-finals..

Tonight we will see who wins the DR/Netherlands game!! I'm really hoping to see an "All Caribbean Final" for the WBC!

Offline jstarebel

• Presidente
    • View Profile
Dominicans beat Netherlands 4-1, reach WBC final:

Fernando Rodney surprised his teammates in the middle of the game when he pulled out a lucky plantain, sent from a family member back home in the Dominican Republic just in time for Monday's World Baseball Classic semifinal.

The quirky Tampa Bay closer sure found the perfect motivational prop.

Late lineup addition Moises Sierra hit a tying RBI double in the fifth, Jose Reyes added a go-ahead single two batters later and the spirited Dominicans reached the WBC championship game with a 4-1 win against the Netherlands on Monday night.

The banana will be around for another day.

''Keep it, why not?'' winning pitcher Edinson Volquez said. ''It's like we have this one mission as a team, winning and winning.''

Edwin Encarnacion had an RBI single as the undefeated Dominicans survived a rocky start from Volquez, who benefited from Sierra's catch over the left-field wall in foul territory to end a first-inning threat.

Now, it's the Dominican Republic vs. Puerto Rico, for the title. The teams will play for a third time this tournament Tuesday night at AT&T Park just three days after the Dominicans (7-0) won Saturday in Miami before each club flew West.

One of these proud island nations will get to throw quite a party.

''Whoever wins the Classic is really the Caribbeans,'' Dominican manager Tony Pena said. ''It could be Puerto Rico or the Dominican Republic, but it will belong to the Caribbeans.''

Offline jstarebel

• Presidente
    • View Profile
Unbeaten Dominicans win World Baseball Classic 3-0..

Tony Pena passed around the shiny trophy and let all of his players offer their besitos, or little kisses. Robinson Cano passed around a phone as his teammates took turns receiving congratulations from Dominican Republic President Danilo Medina.

''We appreciate that from the president,'' Jose Reyes said. ''This win is all about the Dominican Republic. They were hungry waiting for this moment, and we did it.''

The Dominican Republic has its World Baseball Classic crown, at last.

Cheers of ''Dominicana! Dominicana!'' rang out through the rain at AT&T Park all the way to the lively streets of Santo Domingo.

Edwin Encarnacion hit a two-run double in the first inning that held up, and the Dominicans capped a dominant, unbeaten run through the WBC with a 3-0 win against Puerto Rico for the championship Tuesday night.

''Tomorrow will be a national holiday,'' said Moises Alou, the proud Dominican general manager. ''It was a tremendous win.''

Cano earned MVP honors, Erick Aybar added an RBI double to back winner Samuel Deduno, and the demonstrative Dominican righty threw his arms into the air in delight after watching a run-saving defensive gem by center fielder Alejandro De Aza in a tough fifth.

* Please help!

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 198
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Latest Members

* Board Statistics

• stats Total Members: 2524
  • stats Total Posts: 236878
  • stats Total Topics: 11574
  • stats Total Categories: 6