* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* DTTUSA Store

Get your DTTUSA SWAG here. All proceeds go toward keeping this site online. Go NOW!

Sponsors

* Recent Posts/Topics

Hello All by PhillyTy73
[July 13, 2019, 04:27:42 pm]

Re: Greetings & a unique situation by marcfranc
[July 12, 2019, 06:32:46 am]

Re: After the cita... by D-mo
[July 08, 2019, 07:41:37 pm]

Re: Stuck on issue by D-mo
[July 08, 2019, 07:39:46 pm]

Re: NOA 2 received approved, case sent to NVC by D-mo
[July 08, 2019, 07:36:47 pm]

* Top Topics

* Calendar

July 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

* Most Appreciated Members

D-mo D-mo
TuBabyTierna TuBabyTierna
mexicana mexicana
marcfranc marcfranc
Twincactus Twincactus

* Latest Poll

• Do you like you spouse to be jealous?
  • Dot yes
  • 6 (14%)
  • Dot a little bit
  • 21 (50%)
  • Dot no
  • 15 (35%)
  • Total Members Voted: 42
  • View Topic

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Question re: AP  (Read 7497 times)

Offline Escarlet

• View Profile
  • Location of my SO: Dominican Republic
  • Visa Type: CR1
Question re: AP
« on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:37 am »
Under the Administrative Processing instructions it says to wait 60 days before calling for status.  This may be a stupid question, but will they give me more information regarding our case and why it was placed on AP or will I get the same "your case is still under adminitrative processing"? It will be 60 days next Monday.

Bring Your Dominican Family to the USA - Dominicans to the USA

Question re: AP
« on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:37 am »

Offline marcfranc

• Habichuela con Dulce
    • View Profile
Re: Question re: AP
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 09:28:37 am »
Under the Administrative Processing instructions it says to wait 60 days before calling for status.  This may be a stupid question, but will they give me more information regarding our case and why it was placed on AP or will I get the same "your case is still under adminitrative processing"? It will be 60 days next Monday.

I would wait and call on Tuesday 10/29/13 if you mean "next Monday" is 10/21/13. If they can't give you an answer by then I would send an email to the USCIS Ombudsman Liaison. I found them to be helpful. If you STILL haven't gotten anywhere then it's time to get your state Congressman and Senator involved.  I wish you well.

Offline Escarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 09:48:49 am »
Thank you Marc! I will wait until then. I hate calling and getting nowhere.

Offline jstarebel

• Presidente
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 10:31:32 am »
Thank you Marc! I will wait until then. I hate calling and getting nowhere.

Once that initial time is up, I wold be calling regularly until they got tired of me and gave me what I want!!  :dude:  :dude:

Offline Twincactus

• Owner, creator, and God of the board
  • Administrator
  • Mamajuana
  • Dame una bien fria!
    • View Profile
    • Dominicans to the USA
  • Location of my SO: Santo Domingo
  • Visa Type: CR-1
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 11:16:42 am »
Yep, they're gonna tell you the same thing and they won't give you a reason because the reps actually cannot see that information. They are usually not even government employees but most times they are government contractors, so they are not going to let them see that privileged information.

If it was me, I would be getting the Senator or Representative involved and have them do a congressional inquiry into the reason(s)  for the denial. They will get you a straight answer. If they don't, then try another Congressman.

-Tim
I have a new wife and it's my business.

"cuelame el cafe claro"

K1 FAQ
K3/CR-1/IR-1 FAQ

Tourist Visa FAQ

Children and Family Member Visa FAQ

Adjustment of Status FAQ

Americanwomenreallysuck.com
Timmy's Toy Shop

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Escarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 07:23:53 pm »
Thank you Tim!

Offline koukela

• Concon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 10:16:54 am »
All cases are different, however I was also put on AP.
It took 9 months for the wait.I had gotten our Senator involved. They are very familiar with these types of cases.The lady at the senators office was an expert with these cases.What they do is send emails to Washington, and Washington in turn sends the emails to the countires.She explained everything to me. She said that each country basically follow  their own rules, however they do listen to Washington and answers to them.
She had told me that India is a hard country to deal with.
But anyways, she kept emailing Washington and Washington kept emailing DR asking the status of the case.Washington would copy the Senator and the Senator would resend the email to me.
Basically she told me that it is a waiting game, and we just have to wait for them to finish "researching" what they are doing.
Finally after 9 months, 2 guys went to my husbands home, and spoke with his mother.They parked the SUV down the street and on the way to the house they asked everyone on the street a series of questions about him and I.They then left her with a letter for him to report to the consulates office on Friday, but it had Thursdays date on it.
I made him go there on Thursday.
All the neighbors grabbed him on his way home and told him what they had asked them.
The next day he went to the consulates office and they questioned him again, and he paid Domex, left the passports, and left.
It took less than a week for the passprts to get picked up, and I went there and got him and his son the following weekend.
I will admit, it was a long and hard wait.But there is nothing else that can be done, but wait. Calling them, they never gave me any info, just the basic lines not pertaining to your case.

Offline Escarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 10:36:46 am »
With our case the Consul had us pay Domex and all so I just don't understand why they would have us pay for Domex if this was going to take so long.  Anyway, we are continuing to wait.  I have an appointment with the Congressman's office today.  Thanks for sharing your story!

Offline koukela

• Concon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 11:25:59 am »
good choice.Go to the Congressmans office.   :sport:

No lawyers, they just tell you ehat you want to hear until they take your $$$$$$$$.

Good luck. :yeah: :yeah:
I feel sorry for you.I could never go through this process again.But that is because I went through alot, not like other people as it was easier for them.I had alot of baggage I carried that they investigated.
But Scarlett, I am laughing about it now.I remember what the guy consulate, who was a supervisor said to me at the interview for K1. "Don't marry him, get to know him better, please, I know these cases over and ver again."Everything he said was true, in my case.I didn't listen and married him.Well, as they say "love is blind".Everyone saw it, except me.

Good luck and please keep your head up.Believe me, after its over you will feel relieved, and walk with your head high.After going through that experience with Immigration, nothing seems to bother me anymore.That was the worse feeling that someone else has control of your life/future.But there is  a reason for everything. It will be over faster than you think. You will learn to be very patient in the process.

We are all here for you.Just ask and we will try to do our best here on the Forum.There are many of here that have been here for years and know alot about the process, and can guide you.

Offline Escarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 08:34:04 pm »
Hi All,

Got a letter from my congressman's office with the response they received and it basically said that the visa was denied under section 221g based on a determination that his application was incomplete. 

Now if this is the case then why wouldn't they contact us about the missing information? Have any of you seen this before (denial do to incomplete application).

Offline Jenny429

• Concon
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: SFM
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 08:48:38 pm »
Get on the phone and tell their office (Congressman) and tell them to find out why it is incomplete.  That your husband is in another country, and you need him with you.. Tell them you want to know exactly what is incomplete that you had been interviewed and told you were approved..

You need to get down and dirty.. You can't just accept their answers.. you need to make them work for you.. quickly..
<3 Jenny <3
6/9/2011 - Met Francisco while living in the DR became wonderful friends..
2/14/2013 - Married Francisco
9/5/2013 Deposited I-130 via DCF
10/2/2013 Received NOA2
10/28/2013 - Visa Approved
11/1/2013 - Visa Delivered
11/9/2013 - Arrived in NY
9/21/2016 - Greencard without conditions arrived!
Studying for Citizenship now.. :)

Offline koukela

• Concon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 06:44:11 am »
 :wave:  Escarlet

I agree with Jenn. Call the congressmans office and let them know everything Jenn states above. They will work with you, but they also have many cases and you have to be on top of them.
My congressman person used to email everytime she found something out, and copied me on all the emails that immigration sent them.They used to contact someone in Washington DC, and that person would contact the DR people. The DR people always answered fast responses to them, as I got copies of ALL the emails.

But remember the congressman people are working with you, and they also hear tons of different cases from immigration, from all different countries.
They are very busy, but I would call,leave messages, and email all the time, so they didn't forget about me.But I was always nice with them.

When they went to my husbands house, she got real mad and called them in Washington, especially when they left a paper saying come in Thursday, and it had Fridays date on it.
In the end, she was thrilled when they told her to have him go  and bring his passport, etc. She didn't consider it just another case solved from her desk.

Go after them Escarlet.Let the congressman know everything that Jenn said.

Good Luck.  :toast:

Offline Kayleighrose

• Brugal
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: NY
  • Visa Type: IR1
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 07:34:18 am »
I agree with both of the above posters. You need to get on that TODAY!!! Good luck!
02/14/2014-Visa issued
02/23/2014-POE at Newark, NJ.
03/07/2014-Received SSN in the mail
04/11/2014-Received green card
07/31/2017- Applying for divorce

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 08:31:06 am »
Yes, you must stay on top of it and be as proactive as you can.

The 221g has to be a mistake. Your paperwork can't be incomplete if you made it all the way to interview.

D-mo
"You can't fix stupid"  Ron White

Offline koukela

• Concon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 11:01:44 am »
I think that they use a 221g as  a standard form for everyone.  :adminpwr:

After researching the AP, that appears to be the only form or reason they have to use to put someone on AP.That is why they use that form for everyone that they put on AP, as they lack forms.

AP is just a way for them to do a little more investigations, and if someone tries to figure out why or what they are investigating, it will drive you crazy !  :mur:

Call the congressman, and let them know you gave everything, and they will contact the respresentative in Washington and tell them everything.Then the person in Washington will email the people in DR and say "whats up".The people in DR will see all these offices are involved and will get their ducks in a row.

Just keep inquiring to the congressman.DOn't call DR, or line in Mexico or anything.They don't tell you crap.
good luck.

Offline Jenny429

• Concon
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: SFM
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 09:40:51 pm »
I don't agree that they are all that busy!! They need YOUR VOTE.... They better work for you! Stay on top of them and DEMAND answers.
<3 Jenny <3
6/9/2011 - Met Francisco while living in the DR became wonderful friends..
2/14/2013 - Married Francisco
9/5/2013 Deposited I-130 via DCF
10/2/2013 Received NOA2
10/28/2013 - Visa Approved
11/1/2013 - Visa Delivered
11/9/2013 - Arrived in NY
9/21/2016 - Greencard without conditions arrived!
Studying for Citizenship now.. :)

Offline Twincactus

• Owner, creator, and God of the board
  • Administrator
  • Mamajuana
  • Dame una bien fria!
    • View Profile
    • Dominicans to the USA
  • Location of my SO: Santo Domingo
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 08:34:16 am »
I don't agree that they are all that busy!! They need YOUR VOTE.... They better work for you! Stay on top of them and DEMAND answers.
Yes and I'll ad that not all of them use an intermediary in Washington. My senator wrote directly to the Consulate when I petitioned for my ex and got us moved up 5,600 places in line. Most of them also have a direct way to contact the Consulate if they need to.

-Tim
I have a new wife and it's my business.

"cuelame el cafe claro"

K1 FAQ
K3/CR-1/IR-1 FAQ

Tourist Visa FAQ

Children and Family Member Visa FAQ

Adjustment of Status FAQ

Americanwomenreallysuck.com
Timmy's Toy Shop

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline josiee225

• Brugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 03:32:23 pm »
Hope all turn out well...do u and ur hubby have children together ? The reason in the pic u guys look like a happy family that should have been enough for embassy

Offline Escarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 02:18:58 pm »
Hi Josiee! Yes we do.  We have a 19 month old boy, Joshua.  And we are still waiting.  We call and NOTHING. All they say is "we will contact you"....even got a congressman involved and that led to NOTHING.

* Please help!

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 190
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Latest Members

* Board Statistics

• stats Total Members: 2523
  • stats Total Posts: 236873
  • stats Total Topics: 11572
  • stats Total Categories: 6