* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* DTTUSA Store

Get your DTTUSA SWAG here. All proceeds go toward keeping this site online. Go NOW!

Sponsors

* Top Topics

* Calendar Information

* Calendar

March 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30

* Most Appreciated Members

D-mo D-mo
TuBabyTierna TuBabyTierna
mexicana mexicana
marcfranc marcfranc
Twincactus Twincactus

* Latest Poll

• Do you like you spouse to be jealous?
  • Dot yes
  • 6 (14%)
  • Dot a little bit
  • 21 (50%)
  • Dot no
  • 15 (35%)
  • Total Members Voted: 42
  • View Topic

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Some people affraid to post.  (Read 3083 times)

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
Some people affraid to post.
« on: July 19, 2015, 07:37:48 pm »
I have a short story to tell for those who want to post or ask but don't.

Yesterday the wife, kids and I went to a cookout that we had been invited to across town to visit with one of my son's family members who only just came into the U.S. a couple of weeks ago. We had never met either of them until yesterday. She married a young man from here in Atlanta and eventually he filed petitions for her and her two daughters. Upon meeting with them, the husband and I struck up conversation about the typical things.... how we met our spouses, and the sort. So eventually we get on the topic of the paperwork and the sort. So, out of curiosity I asked how he felt about all the paperwork and how he did the documents, did he have issues and all that. He told me that he had done a lot of research online, had gone to a couple of web sites and read a lot and he got it done. I asked him what sites he used. He stated, DTTUSA was the main one. Of course, he didn't know who I was or my involvement here on the site. He signed up on the site a while ago, but never made a single post even though he had questions he needed answers to. He knows everyone on the site and from the sound of it, has read every single post from the beginning until now. He said the there was this one guy he wanted to get in touch with, but didn't want to be a bother. I asked was it Tim? He said "no" then got a puzzled look and said, oh you know the site. I said yes, I am D-mo. The response was amazing! I am so glad to know that what we do here and that there is enough information on this one web site to help even those who don't post.  He had been following the recent posts from a few of us who had the recent experiences in the changes in D.R. He got it done just by reading!!!!!

I want to add the reasons why he never made any posts. He didn't want to be attacked by nay sayers or be a bother to anyone. I won't say who it was that I met, I will leave that to him if he decides to introduce himself.

The reason for this story is to say that anyone who doesn't want to post or PM one of us, don't worry about it, just do it! We are here to help out, this is why we do what we do here! I don't think one has to fear much anymore of being attacked by a red flagger or some A-hole trying to get his/her kicks. Anyone with questions or needing help shouldn't be afraid to reach out and ask.

As Tim always says "We're not here to hold your hand and sing "kum bah ya" with you, but we are here to do what we can to lead folks in the right direction.

Thanks for reading!!!

D-mo
"You can't fix stupid"  Ron White

Bring Your Dominican Family to the USA - Dominicans to the USA

Some people affraid to post.
« on: July 19, 2015, 07:37:48 pm »

Offline Rodriguezhiraldo

• Platano
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: Dominica Republic
  • Visa Type: CR1
Re: Some people affraid to post.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 03:49:28 am »
We live in a small world!! Thanks for your unconditional support!!!!
Known my SO forever~
Lived in DR since I was 7 until 16.
June 17, 2009 - Became Boyfriend & Girlfriend <3
July 29, 2010- Permanently Moved to USA 
June 2011 - First Trip to DR
June 2012 - Second Trip
March 2013 - Third Trip (B-Day Vacation)
December 17, 2013 - Fourth Trip
December 28, 2013- Engaged :)
December 23, 2014 - 5th Trip
August 17th - 6th Trip (Coming soon) ( Getting Married :D :D
August 22, 2015- Married :D
September 12th, 2015 - I-130 Packet sent via FedEx
September 15th, 2015 - I130 Packet Delivered by FedEx ( Delivery Notification signed by J. Chyba)
September 17th, 2015 - NOA1 USCIS email & text notification of receipt.
March 11th, 2016 - Approved petition ( received email n text)
March 24th, 2016 - USCIS sent case to NVC
March 31st, 2016 - NVC received Case :) (called to confirm)
April 8th, 2016  - Case # & Invoice # Assigned.
April 11th, 2016 - Choice of Agent Completed. DS 261
April 11th, 2016 - AOS Invoiced & Paid. ( Received NVC Welcome Letter via Email)
May 20th, ,2016 - AOS and IV Docs Sent to NVC via 2 day mail.
May 23, 2016 - NVC Received Documents
May 31, 2016 - Case Complete on NVC
June 27, 2016 - Interview scheduled

Interview date: August 3rd!!!

Offline marcfranc

• Habichuela con Dulce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 06:39:44 am »
D-Mo is always the best!!!

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 08:39:48 am »
It is a small world indeed!

Thanks for the compliment Marc.

It would be great to build and have a large community of regulars and comradery  here like we had before. But it is hard to keep negativity out. For those who don't want to deal with the garbage that we've all seen, we do try to keep the riff raff out of the other sections of the board. PMs are always welcome as well, but sometimes it could take a little longer to get a response.

D-mo

Offline Twincactus

• Owner, creator, and God of the board
  • Administrator
  • Mamajuana
  • Dame una bien fria!
    • View Profile
    • Dominicans to the USA
  • Location of my SO: Santo Domingo
  • Visa Type: CR-1
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 03:09:47 pm »
D-mo,

Thanks so much for the excellent post! It's always interesting when you run into a DTTUSA member in real life. I bet he was surprised to find out you were a mod on the site.

For those who are afraid to post because you read something bad that happened to someone in a previous post, we have changed a lot here in the past year or so. A large group of people are gone who may have been a bit hard on our n00bs here. They left because of an incident where the admins noticed some people were being extremely disrespectful in the chat here on the site. Apparently, the people involved were unaware that the admins can see all messages in the chat (not the mods, just the admins) and when we mentioned something to them about their conduct, they angry and accused thee admins of releasing personal information about them. Let me be clear. NO personal information is EVER released about anyone on this website and never has been released. They were upset because we can see their information, and they were afraid that information would be released about some of the nasty things they were saying in private chats (that never happened and I have the logs to prove it). People involved were only warned by the admins that they would be banned if they continued with their actions which included name calling, personal attacks, etc. They decided instead to form a private Facebook group and go their own way. So be it. It was THEIR choice. Anyway, to make a long story short(er) we don't tolerate those kinds of things anymore on this site. Although this site is free (as in beer) and free (as in freedom) there are a few things we have to enforce here and I will remove anything that is a personal attack or name calling, etc.

All that being said, like D-mo mentioned, we are not here to hold your hand and sing Kum-by-ya to you. The Consulate is not going to be easy on you when you go for your interview or when you submit your paperwork. When you make a mistake we are going to tell you and explain how you can fix it. Some people don't seem to like that and if you're that kind of person I would suggest if you're not sure of something, ask us before you do it. There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers. We are here to help you get through the process and if it seems like sometimes we're hard on you, well, we are, but we are definitely not as hard on you as the Consulate can be when they suspect a problem. What we will not do is make fun of you or try to embarrass you. If the mods or I see that being done to you we will remove it. I read every new post every day, but if I miss something please report it to the mods or myself. We will NOT tell the person you are reporting who you are, and if the post is a personal attack, we will promptly remove it.

So the point is those of you who are hiding out there because you are afraid to post, you have nothing to fear, go ahead and post your questions and we'll do our best to give you the most correct answer on the Internet. Our site has a 99% success rate on visa approval, and I am a real zealot about correct information being posted here so you are in good hands.

D-mo, I have some ideas for increasing our membership so I can send them to you in a PM or post them in the mods forum if you want to participate. If you want a more active community, we can do it, and I will be happy to help make it happen. Thanks again for writing this post. It's good to know we are reaching our target audience.

-Tim
I have a new wife and it's my business.

"cuelame el cafe claro"

K1 FAQ
K3/CR-1/IR-1 FAQ

Tourist Visa FAQ

Children and Family Member Visa FAQ

Adjustment of Status FAQ

Americanwomenreallysuck.com
Timmy's Toy Shop

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 05:33:08 pm »
It always feels good to know that participating in this site isn't for nothing. It did make me feel down a little to know that he wanted to PM me but didn't want to be a bother to me. That is the most important reason I posted the story. I don't want anyone to feel like they would be a bother to me by sending me a PM. I certainly don't think that I give off that don't bother me vibe, but if I do, someone please correct me! lol 

That being said, I'm game for more traffic Tim! We gotta get Ant busy!  :rotfl:

D-mo
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 05:43:21 pm by D-mo »

Offline twin34

• Moro
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: New Jersey
  • Visa Type: K1,K2
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 02:44:18 pm »
Great story D-mo! I think I perused as a guest for a good 3 months before I worked up enough courage to create a profile and introduce myself! I just want to cosign what you and Tim are saying by saying that any questions I EVER had were answered thoroughly & in such good time.  I probably would still be "in process" if it weren't for this awesome site! Everyone is extremely helpful and I appreciate you all.

Kinea
04/17/2011  -  sent I- 129F
04/24/2011  -  received NOA1
08/22/2011  -  received NOA2
08/26/2011  -  Case sent to DR (SDO# assigned)
09/23/2011  -  Pkg received! Cita: Nov 8, 2011
11/08/2011  -  APPROVADO!
11/18/2011  -  POE JFK International
01/28/2012  -  MARRIED!!
02/15/2012  -  AOS paperwork sent
02/21/2012  -  NOA'S received
03/06/2012  -  AOS case transferred to California Service Center ("to speed up processing")
03/16/2012  -  Travel document received
03/20/2012  -  Biometrics completed
04/25/2012  -  EAD received
09/26/2012  -  AOS APPROVED
10/03/2012  -  PRC received!!
10/17/2012  -  Initiated K2 (follow to join)
11/05/2012  -  Visa issued
12/23/2012  -  Stepson's POE JFK
08/01/2013  -  AOS interview for stepson
08/16/2013  -  Rec'd PRC for stepson
06/17/2014  -  Filed husbands application to lift conditions
02/26/2015  -  Application approved
03/06/2015  -  10 yr GC received in mail!

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 06:46:49 am »
Great story D-mo! I think I perused as a guest for a good 3 months before I worked up enough courage to create a profile and introduce myself! I just want to cosign what you and Tim are saying by saying that any questions I EVER had were answered thoroughly & in such good time.  I probably would still be "in process" if it weren't for this awesome site! Everyone is extremely helpful and I appreciate you all.

Kinea

Good to hear from you Kinea! Back when you signed up, it was way more harsh around here than it is now! You are one of us who "survived the gauntlet" so to speak. Now, I think pretty much everyone here has the best interest of other members in mind when they make a post...... with the exception of one or two anyway.

D-mo

Offline Twincactus

• Owner, creator, and God of the board
  • Administrator
  • Mamajuana
  • Dame una bien fria!
    • View Profile
    • Dominicans to the USA
  • Location of my SO: Santo Domingo
  • Visa Type: CR-1
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 09:11:38 am »

Kinea
Thank you Kinea. Good to see you back here. Stick around and let us know how things are going.

-Tim
I have a new wife and it's my business.

"cuelame el cafe claro"

K1 FAQ
K3/CR-1/IR-1 FAQ

Tourist Visa FAQ

Children and Family Member Visa FAQ

Adjustment of Status FAQ

Americanwomenreallysuck.com
Timmy's Toy Shop

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

* Please help!