* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* DTTUSA Store

Get your DTTUSA SWAG here. All proceeds go toward keeping this site online. Go NOW!

Sponsors

* Recent Posts/Topics

Re: Filling out i864 with household member. by D-mo
[July 23, 2019, 08:50:53 pm]

Re: Hello All by D-mo
[July 23, 2019, 08:46:48 pm]

Re: Greetings & a unique situation by D-mo
[July 23, 2019, 08:37:57 pm]

Filling out i864 with household member. by suarezj519
[July 23, 2019, 03:44:48 pm]

Hello All by PhillyTy73
[July 13, 2019, 04:27:42 pm]

* Top Topics

* Calendar Information

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Most Appreciated Members

D-mo D-mo
TuBabyTierna TuBabyTierna
mexicana mexicana
marcfranc marcfranc
Twincactus Twincactus

* Latest Poll

• Do you like you spouse to be jealous?
  • Dot yes
  • 6 (14%)
  • Dot a little bit
  • 21 (50%)
  • Dot no
  • 15 (35%)
  • Total Members Voted: 42
  • View Topic

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: I wish I were more creative  (Read 3885 times)

Offline TexasGirl0412

• View Profile
  • Location of my SO: Punta Cana
  • Visa Type: DCFAP
I wish I were more creative
« on: October 03, 2015, 08:04:19 pm »
Hi everyone, I wish I had a catchier subject line...but it is late and I am just grateful to have found this forum! I have lived in the Dominican Republic with my husband for 8 years although we just recently got married, finally. I plan on filing the Direct Consular Filing within the next few weeks. I do have my cedula and residency, of course. I have worked in the same Dominican company for 5 years almost. I am from Texas and husband is from Puerto Plata.

If anyone has done or is doing DCF, I would just like to reach out to you. I am quite nervous and there is so much general information out there. Hopefully when I go I am not missing documents. Any advice would be great. If anyone has a list of what they took for their deposit of the I 130 for DCF, I would be quite interested in seeing it. For the proof of my relationship, I was going to submit photos (around 30 in all) from our last 8 years together along with our most recent house lease (2 years old already now). Hopefully that should be sufficient? Also for proof of residency here I have my cedula, my residencia, the house lease (again), bank statements from Banco Popular, Phone bills from Claro, and a letter from the company that I work at. Good?

Other than that, I see there are several forms to fill (the I 130) along with those showing my cosponsor. I read that we must submit passport style photos as well for both myself and my husband. We have our birth certificates, marriage certificate, and I know all documents in Spanish must translated, all must be legalized.

Please, if I am incorrect anywhere, let me know....Any and all help is greatly welcomed! Anything I am missing?

Thanks!

Bring Your Dominican Family to the USA - Dominicans to the USA

I wish I were more creative
« on: October 03, 2015, 08:04:19 pm »

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
Re: I wish I were more creative
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 08:42:35 am »
Hi everyone, I wish I had a catchier subject line...but it is late and I am just grateful to have found this forum! I have lived in the Dominican Republic with my husband for 8 years although we just recently got married, finally. I plan on filing the Direct Consular Filing within the next few weeks. I do have my cedula and residency, of course. I have worked in the same Dominican company for 5 years almost. I am from Texas and husband is from Puerto Plata.

If anyone has done or is doing DCF, I would just like to reach out to you. I am quite nervous and there is so much general information out there. Hopefully when I go I am not missing documents. Any advice would be great. If anyone has a list of what they took for their deposit of the I 130 for DCF, I would be quite interested in seeing it. For the proof of my relationship, I was going to submit photos (around 30 in all) from our last 8 years together along with our most recent house lease (2 years old already now). Hopefully that should be sufficient? Also for proof of residency here I have my cedula, my residencia, the house lease (again), bank statements from Banco Popular, Phone bills from Claro, and a letter from the company that I work at. Good?

Other than that, I see there are several forms to fill (the I 130) along with those showing my cosponsor. I read that we must submit passport style photos as well for both myself and my husband. We have our birth certificates, marriage certificate, and I know all documents in Spanish must translated, all must be legalized.

Please, if I am incorrect anywhere, let me know....Any and all help is greatly welcomed! Anything I am missing?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

There are several here that are currently in the DCF process, my wife and I did it as well back in 2010. However, some things have changed for the process and I am sure that the newer members with that experience will be chiming in to help directly.

For your evidence of relationship, you really don't need all that much on deposit day.......because MOST of your evidence is that you are living there and have been there with him for the last 8 years. Really all you need for evidence is several good photos from over the years, say like major events during those years, minimum of 3, max of 8-10 photos. Of course bank statements and leases and such are always good to have on hand just in case you get a stubborn USCIS agent.

Now, a lot has very recently changed for this process, but the documents always stay the same. You need the I-130 of course and a G-325A for BOTH of you with 2 passport style pics, a G-1145 which is email/text notifications, marriage certificates en extenza and legalized,birth certificates en extenza and legalized, your evidence, possibly the I-864 and acta de buen conducta. That should be about it for initial deposit.

Again welcome to the forum, we're here to help! Ask away if you have questions or need anything.

D-mo
"You can't fix stupid"  Ron White

Offline TexasGirl0412

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 03:21:11 pm »
Thank you soooo much for your reply! I will keep everyone updated! I plan to go deposit in just a few weeks time. I have it understood that all documents must be translated into English but nothing has to be passed through the Apostille for the initial deposit...right?

Thanks again!

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 07:18:58 pm »
Thank you soooo much for your reply! I will keep everyone updated! I plan to go deposit in just a few weeks time. I have it understood that all documents must be translated into English but nothing has to be passed through the Apostille for the initial deposit...right?

Thanks again!

Nothing needs apostille. And, you're not supposed to need anything translated from Spanish to English at the Embassy, but it's probably better to be safe and have translations on hand.

D-mo
"You can't fix stupid"  Ron White

Offline TexasGirl0412

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 10:50:48 am »
That is excellent! Thanks so much again! Can I just say....I LOVE this fórum! You guys are great! Hopefully I can be of help to someone someday.

Offline coyotyl

• View Profile
  • Location of my SO: San Pedro de Macoris
  • Visa Type: CR1
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 12:20:01 pm »
Hello Texasgirl, I will be watching as I am submitting documents as soon as they return from translation. Feels like it`s taking forever. Good luck to you!
http://dominicanstotheusa.com/forum/Smileys/default/wav.gif
Married my soulmate........................08/26/2015
File I-130......................................10/17/2015
USCIS receives I-130.......................10/21/2015
Request for evidence........................03/03/2016
USCIS receives evidence....................03/11/2016
USCIS approves petition for visa..........03/21/2016
DS-260 submitted to NVC..................06/09/2016
NOA2............................................06/30/2016
Interview Date.................................08/10/2016

But the greatest of these is love. <3

* Please help!