* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* DTTUSA Store

Get your DTTUSA SWAG here. All proceeds go toward keeping this site online. Go NOW!

Sponsors

* Recent Posts/Topics

Re: Filling out i864 with household member. by D-mo
[July 23, 2019, 08:50:53 pm]

Re: Hello All by D-mo
[July 23, 2019, 08:46:48 pm]

Re: Greetings & a unique situation by D-mo
[July 23, 2019, 08:37:57 pm]

Filling out i864 with household member. by suarezj519
[July 23, 2019, 03:44:48 pm]

Hello All by PhillyTy73
[July 13, 2019, 04:27:42 pm]

* Top Topics

* Calendar Information

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

* Most Appreciated Members

D-mo D-mo
TuBabyTierna TuBabyTierna
mexicana mexicana
marcfranc marcfranc
Twincactus Twincactus

* Latest Poll

• Do you like you spouse to be jealous?
  • Dot yes
  • 6 (14%)
  • Dot a little bit
  • 21 (50%)
  • Dot no
  • 15 (35%)
  • Total Members Voted: 42
  • View Topic

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Sanky panky story time !  (Read 4737 times)

Offline Wanderlust

• View Profile
  • Location of my SO: None
  • Visa Type: None
Sanky panky story time !
« on: January 09, 2017, 08:13:55 pm »
Can we talk about the sankys that AREN'T all about money ??? Not in an obvious way anyway..

Planned a trip to Punta Cana..My sister & I would joke all the time about coming back married, lol. This led to a Dominican friend educating me on the sanky panky stuff. So lucky for me I went with eyes wide open, but I was intrigued !

Second to last day in DR a sanky found me. I wanted to see if it was as bad as I was told & it was 😂😂. He asked for my number after helping out with the crappy wifi & I gave it to him. He wanted me to meet him after he got off work and I told him we would see (I didn't). Next day I saw him & let him know I was leaving. He's like oh we can keep in touch anyway. Next day he's in love. Day after that his mommy is sick. Day after that he needs money to get him home to his mommy. Always something he needs money for. Not from this girl ! He doesn't talk to me as much anymore but every now and then I get an "hola amor" with a story to follow. Recently it was that he lost his job. & boy is he a smooth talker ! To be clear, I never sent this guy a dime.

Thoughts to self : wow they weren't exaggerating 😳

Part two !

Best friend was going to Punta Cana. The people she was going with like to sleep all day on vacation so I came along.

When we got there we were all over the place trying to do everything we could. Flirty male workers everywhere and we had fun with it. One day, we took the shuttle (usually we walked everywhere trying to "explore" and figure the place out). Two drivers for the shuttle and they kept staring alllll the way to the back at us and talking to each other. My friend & I would make eye contact and we would laugh and signal them to pay attention ahead. There's two shuttles at this resort, & each time we got on the shuttle it was the same 2 guys. 3rd time for the day, when one of them kept looking back I pointed at my friend like 'yeah ya want her?' He pointed back at me and mouthed "you."

From there I went on the explain to my friend the whole sanky thing. She didn't wanna believe it. Next day we got on their shuttle again but we were talking about something and didn't really pay attention to the guys. We go off and instead of driving off they waited until we were passing the front to pass me a paper with the guys number. Bestie didn't want to believe me, so I texted him. "Watch!" I told her.

This guy is a wayyyyy less obvious of a sanky than the first one. He actually makes conversation and he's pretty hilarious if you ask me. He "fell in love" instantly of course but that was about the only similarity. To be honest I've sent him money once and it wasn't because of a sob story. But I've given homeless people $20 before to get food many times. I don't think it's such a big deal that I sent $30 to a decent person. I do however realize it's a slippery slope ! When he went home on his first set of days off, he had trouble with internet. He claims he went and bought some "claro" internet box for better service. He's been to the dentist a couple times and got a tooth extracted (pictures shown to me). Also broke his finger (showed me the swollen finger on video chat) and went to the doctor for that. He went out into the country with his uncle one day and their vehicle died on them. He quit his job at the resort for another job closer to his home. Not once did he bring up money regarding those situations. He never complains about money & he doesn't ask for it. He puts my picture up on his whatsapp. He's put my picture up on his Facebook. It's scary almost lol. I've been more distant with him since the new year. 

Thoughts to self : Yikes, he almost got me !  :slap:

Bring Your Dominican Family to the USA - Dominicans to the USA

Sanky panky story time !
« on: January 09, 2017, 08:13:55 pm »

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
Re: Sanky panky story time !
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 10:34:11 pm »
There are more levels to a Sanky than just one that wants money from you.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

D-mo
"You can't fix stupid"  Ron White

Offline Wanderlust

• View Profile
  • Location of my SO: None
  • Visa Type: None
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 10:45:50 pm »
I noticed 😂😂 , that's why I say scary. They'll literally do anything to make you believe them!!

My friend still swears he's just soooo sweet and innocent

GIRL BYE!!!

Offline Jenny429

• Concon
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: SFM
  • Visa Type: CR-1
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 10:16:03 am »
Glad you realize it!! Many women wear rose colored glasses, love the attention and think when they get to America they can work for their own money so it's just temporary..

Not all the men on the island are Sankies.. but most of the men at the hotels are and the area around it.. They are usually ALL about money, but Dominicans are amazing actors..  Only the sleezy ones will plain out ask.. But most will find a way to bring it up without asking and then say.. no, no.. don't send it.. You don't have to.. Okay thank you.. Some will give you a certain amount of clues and if you don't send it never speak to you again.

Becareful.. he knows how to get your money.. he's had experience.. and its working.. I know a sanky who worked in a hotel.. met women around the world.. and his house burnt down (I think it was planned) and had 4 women sending money for the SAME items.. they found each other on facebook and were all saying the SAME story.. I don't understand, he didn't ask for money.. I just did it because I felt bad.. He never asked me for a dime, but I didn't want him sleeping on the floor...  (They all bought him beds) He knew how to ask without asking.. lol

You are very smart!! <3

There are GREAT Dominican men out there, and they aren't all sankies.. but definitely don't look around the resorts ;)

Jen
<3 Jenny <3
6/9/2011 - Met Francisco while living in the DR became wonderful friends..
2/14/2013 - Married Francisco
9/5/2013 Deposited I-130 via DCF
10/2/2013 Received NOA2
10/28/2013 - Visa Approved
11/1/2013 - Visa Delivered
11/9/2013 - Arrived in NY
9/21/2016 - Greencard without conditions arrived!
Studying for Citizenship now.. :)

* Please help!

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 200
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Latest Members

* Board Statistics

• stats Total Members: 2523
  • stats Total Posts: 236877
  • stats Total Topics: 11573