* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* DTTUSA Store

Get your DTTUSA SWAG here. All proceeds go toward keeping this site online. Go NOW!

Sponsors

* Recent Posts/Topics

Re: Documents translation for the interview ?!!!!! by Rodlugo1203
[June 14, 2018, 05:58:10 pm]

Re: Documents translation for the interview ?!!!!! by D-mo
[June 14, 2018, 02:27:52 pm]

Re: Hey new to the forum by D-mo
[June 14, 2018, 02:25:11 pm]

My story by Rodlugo1203
[June 13, 2018, 05:01:34 pm]

Documents translation for the interview ?!!!!! by Rodlugo1203
[June 13, 2018, 04:16:39 am]

* Top Topics

* Calendar Information

• Holidays
  • holiday Father's Day
  • Birthdays
  • birthday drkoketa

* Calendar

June 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[17] 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

• - Holidays -
  • holiday Father's Day
  • - Birthdays -
  • birthday drkoketa

* Most Appreciated Members

D-mo D-mo
TuBabyTierna TuBabyTierna
mexicana mexicana
Twincactus Twincactus
marcfranc marcfranc

* Latest Poll

• Do you like you spouse to be jealous?
  • Dot yes
  • 6 (14%)
  • Dot a little bit
  • 21 (50%)
  • Dot no
  • 15 (35%)
  • Total Members Voted: 42
  • View Topic

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: K1 while having a Siblings petition case pending  (Read 944 times)

Offline MrOz

• View Profile
  • Location of my SO: US
  • Visa Type: K1
K1 while having a Siblings petition case pending
« on: January 14, 2018, 01:43:57 pm »
Hi,

My sister who is a US citizen filed a petition for me and my family (including who now is my exwife) 7 years ago. During the process, I have divorced my kids mother and also met online a beautiful woman who is a US citizen. We started a beautiful relationship and I will be proposing on April when she comes to visit me for the first time. My girlfriend wants to start a K1 process for me so that we can get married in the US.
I would like to know if the new process will automatically override the previous one initiated by my sister or does my sister has to request to cancel it? Also, is there a time line suggested for a fiance to start a K1 process or could she just file it as soon as she is back after her vacations on April?
My 3 kids will remain with their mother for a few years before I petition for them, is that ok or should it be done right away?

Bring Your Dominican Family to the USA - Dominicans to the USA

K1 while having a Siblings petition case pending
« on: January 14, 2018, 01:43:57 pm »

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
Re: K1 while having a Siblings petition case pending
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 05:33:40 pm »
Hi,

My sister who is a US citizen filed a petition for me and my family (including who now is my exwife) 7 years ago. During the process, I have divorced my kids mother and also met online a beautiful woman who is a US citizen. We started a beautiful relationship and I will be proposing on April when she comes to visit me for the first time. My girlfriend wants to start a K1 process for me so that we can get married in the US.
I would like to know if the new process will automatically override the previous one initiated by my sister or does my sister has to request to cancel it? Also, is there a time line suggested for a fiance to start a K1 process or could she just file it as soon as she is back after her vacations on April?
My 3 kids will remain with their mother for a few years before I petition for them, is that ok or should it be done right away?

The petition your sister filed for you could be cancelled, but I would not suggest you cancel it for a K-1. Let me explain why. First, a K-1 will take about a year on average to get to cita. 2, once you have been approved a K-1 and travel to the U.S., you have to marry and adjust status within 90 days of arrival. 3, while all of this is going on, you will not be able to work, drive, or even get a job. Yes, you could get a work permit, but by the time THAT paperwork is done and granted, A.O.S. would be complete. This could all take another year to get through after arrival in the U.S. All of these steps cost a good bit of money to get through as well! Lastly, she has never seen you even once yet. With a K-1 (or any other relational type of petition), you must show proof of a bone-fide relationship. A for a K-1 to be even accepted, it is required that the petitioner meet you in person at least twice within a year (unless is is an arranged marriage or religious reasons) if I remember correctly. Your best bet would be have your sister inquire about your current case.

How long has it been since your sister filed the petition for you?

D-mo
"You can't fix stupid"  Ron White

Offline mexicana

• Mamajuana
  • Ay Jalisco, no te rajes!
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: California
  • Visa Type: Mojao
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 03:39:02 am »
Immigration might think that you're just anxious to get to the USA. They might think that first your sister petitions for you, the process is taking too long, so you cancel in order to do the K1 and get to USA faster. It will definitely raise red flags.

Offline mexicana

• Mamajuana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 03:39:48 am »
Hi,

The petition your sister filed for you could be cancelled, but I would not suggest you cancel it for a K-1. Let me explain why. First, a K-1 will take about a year on average to get to cita. 2, once you have been approved a K-1 and travel to the U.S., you have to marry and adjust status within 90 days of arrival. 3, while all of this is going on, you will not be able to work, drive, or even get a job. Yes, you could get a work permit, but by the time THAT paperwork is done and granted, A.O.S. would be complete. This could all take another year to get through after arrival in the U.S. All of these steps cost a good bit of money to get through as well! Lastly, she has never seen you even once yet. With a K-1 (or any other relational type of petition), you must show proof of a bone-fide relationship. A for a K-1 to be even accepted, it is required that the petitioner meet you in person at least twice within a year (unless is is an arranged marriage or religious reasons) if I remember correctly. Your best bet would be have your sister inquire about your current case.

How long has it been since your sister filed the petition for you?

D-mo

Hello. You give great advice. Who are you?  :rotfl:

Heyyy Dmo!

Offline marcfranc

• Habichuela con Dulce
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 07:56:26 am »

Hey Mexi !!!  What's shaking?

:disco:

Offline mexicana

• Mamajuana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 11:04:34 am »

Hi Marc! All is well on this side of the world in Sunny California! I was randomly remembering this page and passed by. Probably because we still haven't done citizenship LOL! I need to get on that! Nearly 10 years later and we're still slacking  ???

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 03:12:09 pm »

Hi Marc! All is well on this side of the world in Sunny California! I was randomly remembering this page and passed by. Probably because we still haven't done citizenship LOL! I need to get on that! Nearly 10 years later and we're still slacking  ???

Quit slacking! Citizenship is a snap! My wife did her's while we were waiting for her LPR card to arrive.

D-mo
"You can't fix stupid"  Ron White

* Please help!

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 179
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Latest Members

* Board Statistics

• stats Total Members: 2466
  • stats Total Posts: 236707