* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* DTTUSA Store

Get your DTTUSA SWAG here. All proceeds go toward keeping this site online. Go NOW!

Sponsors

* Recent Posts/Topics

Re: Dress code for interview by Rodlugo1203
[July 18, 2018, 05:21:20 pm]

Re: Dress code for interview by marcfranc
[July 18, 2018, 08:41:06 am]

Re: Dress code for interview by Clarywaldo
[July 17, 2018, 08:52:01 pm]

Re: Dress code for interview by marcfranc
[July 17, 2018, 07:12:32 am]

Re: Dress code for interview by Rodlugo1203
[July 16, 2018, 07:36:45 pm]

* Top Topics

* Calendar Information

* Calendar

July 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

* Most Appreciated Members

D-mo D-mo
TuBabyTierna TuBabyTierna
mexicana mexicana
Twincactus Twincactus
marcfranc marcfranc

* Latest Poll

• Do you like you spouse to be jealous?
  • Dot yes
  • 6 (14%)
  • Dot a little bit
  • 21 (50%)
  • Dot no
  • 15 (35%)
  • Total Members Voted: 42
  • View Topic

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Want to marry my fiancee that lives in Santiago and bring her to the US  (Read 991 times)

Offline bx1holla

• View Profile
  • Location of my SO: Santiago
  • Visa Type: K1
Hi, I am new to this. I have been with my fiancee  since late 2016. I go to Santiago quarterly to go see her and we just got engaged Oct 2017. I want to know what is the fastest and best way to get her in the United States. She do have a 5 year old son as well. She already got her Dominican Passport. I am currently not working, but I do have a good amount of money saved up in which I am set for the year with bills. I saw most people saying it is better to get K1 visa and I would like to marry her in the United States. I did see that some people said rapid Visa takes 6 months or less, and then I seen some bad reviews as well. I just want to know the best way to do it, and has  anyone know anybody that did it since Trump in office successfully. Thanks.

Bring Your Dominican Family to the USA - Dominicans to the USA

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
Hi, I am new to this. I have been with my fiancee  since late 2016. I go to Santiago quarterly to go see her and we just got engaged Oct 2017. I want to know what is the fastest and best way to get her in the United States. She do have a 5 year old son as well. She already got her Dominican Passport. I am currently not working, but I do have a good amount of money saved up in which I am set for the year with bills. I saw most people saying it is better to get K1 visa and I would like to marry her in the United States. I did see that some people said rapid Visa takes 6 months or less, and then I seen some bad reviews as well. I just want to know the best way to do it, and has  anyone know anybody that did it since Trump in office successfully. Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the board!  The best way, is to marry in DR and file an I-130 for her and her child. In the end it is much less hassle and headache to file for a spouse as opposed to a fiance. It's no slower nor faster, the process takes about a year no matter how you file. Unless you are a DR resident, there is NO "rapid" way to do it.

D-mo
"You can't fix stupid"  Ron White

Offline bx1holla

• View Profile
  • Location of my SO: Santiago
  • Visa Type: K1
Thanks, now if I was to to get married in Santiago and file the I-130, does it require me to have a job, or can I show how much money I have saved up.

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
Thanks, now if I was to to get married in Santiago and file the I-130, does it require me to have a job, or can I show how much money I have saved up.

You do not HAVE to have a job. There are a number of different options. One option is to have someone co-sponsor, which is usually MUCH easier that meeting the other options without a job. If I remember correct, to use cash assets, you must have something like a minimum of 125% of the poverty guideline x 5 for  your household. So for example, say it is You, Your SO and her child ONLY in your household, and you have no other dependents. 125% of the poverty guideline for 3 is currently about 26k. You would need roughly 130k in cash. You can also use assets such as a home and other things. But most people don't want to do that because of the hassle required in proof of worth.

Also, to file for her and child using an I-130, you must file an I-130 for each of them...... and it is STILL cheaper and less headache to file this way.

D-mo
"You can't fix stupid"  Ron White

* Please help!

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 207
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Latest Members

* Board Statistics

• stats Total Members: 2470
  • stats Total Posts: 236737