* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* DTTUSA Store

Get your DTTUSA SWAG here. All proceeds go toward keeping this site online. Go NOW!

Sponsors

* Recent Posts/Topics

Re: Filed form I 130 now what by Schatzie10
[May 19, 2019, 04:38:56 pm]

Re: Bringing my Spouse and stepdaughter by D-mo
[May 18, 2019, 01:23:31 pm]

Re: Filed form I 130 now what by D-mo
[May 18, 2019, 01:00:14 pm]

Re: Petitioner died while Visa interview is scheduled by D-mo
[May 18, 2019, 12:57:14 pm]

Re: Petitioner died while Visa interview is scheduled by armando123
[May 08, 2019, 08:42:07 am]

* Top Topics

* Calendar Information

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Calendar

June 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

No calendar events were found.

* Most Appreciated Members

D-mo D-mo
TuBabyTierna TuBabyTierna
mexicana mexicana
marcfranc marcfranc
Twincactus Twincactus

* Latest Poll

• Do you like you spouse to be jealous?
  • Dot yes
  • 6 (14%)
  • Dot a little bit
  • 21 (50%)
  • Dot no
  • 15 (35%)
  • Total Members Voted: 42
  • View Topic

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: NOA Recieved. Questions on upcoming fees and processes  (Read 995 times)

Offline suarezj519

• View Profile
  • Location of my SO: República Dominicana
  • Visa Type: None
NOA Recieved. Questions on upcoming fees and processes
« on: November 20, 2018, 09:15:10 am »
So about a year ago I got married in the DR to my wife ( I am a dual citizen) and I just submitted the I130 three weeks ago and Recieved NOA yesterday. At the time last year I was living in the DR and had lost my job literally weeks before my marriage and came back to the US. So I know I'm about 6+ months down the road from receiving approval and NVC stuff, but I want to know what is the current fees for AOS and visa processing fee. Also, I've heard different prices for the medical exam at clinica Abreu, so if anyone know that, that'd be great. Also, a good thing I found out to anyone who has a dominican spouse that are starting the process is when it comes time to get your acta de buena conducta, if they have any outstanding debt, such as cell phone, internet bills to collections, they will not give them one until this is paid. I owed a 500+ usd bill to tricom (Altice) in her name and learned this. Also, if anyone is reading up on immigration news lately knows there's a change to public charge coming next month, do you think this will affect many people petitioning for the SÓ in the DR? I hope not.

Bring Your Dominican Family to the USA - Dominicans to the USA

NOA Recieved. Questions on upcoming fees and processes
« on: November 20, 2018, 09:15:10 am »

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
Re: NOA Recieved. Questions on upcoming fees and processes
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 09:49:19 pm »
So about a year ago I got married in the DR to my wife ( I am a dual citizen) and I just submitted the I130 three weeks ago and Recieved NOA yesterday. At the time last year I was living in the DR and had lost my job literally weeks before my marriage and came back to the US. So I know I'm about 6+ months down the road from receiving approval and NVC stuff, but I want to know what is the current fees for AOS and visa processing fee. Also, I've heard different prices for the medical exam at clinica Abreu, so if anyone know that, that'd be great. Also, a good thing I found out to anyone who has a dominican spouse that are starting the process is when it comes time to get your acta de buena conducta, if they have any outstanding debt, such as cell phone, internet bills to collections, they will not give them one until this is paid. I owed a 500+ usd bill to tricom (Altice) in her name and learned this. Also, if anyone is reading up on immigration news lately knows there's a change to public charge coming next month, do you think this will affect many people petitioning for the SÓ in the DR? I hope not.

I will respond here tomorrow.

D-mo
"You can't fix stupid"  Ron White

Offline D-mo

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
Re: NOA Recieved. Questions on upcoming fees and processes
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 12:09:37 pm »

I don't remember the exact amount of the fees for the NVC, but in total it should be around $900. The medical exam and vaccinations go by age. The fees are listed on their web site. Also, any vaccinations records your spouse has, she should take them to the medical exam. this can save A LOT of money.

Public charge stuff? No, it should have no effect on your petition. Reason being, the Affidavit of Support is a contract between YOU and the Government, ensuring that you are responsible for the intending immigrants welfare......... I.E.  no possibility of Public Charge.

D-mo
"You can't fix stupid"  Ron White

* Please help!

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 227
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Latest Members

* Board Statistics

• stats Total Members: 2514
  • stats Total Posts: 236863