* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* DTTUSA Store

Get your DTTUSA SWAG here. All proceeds go toward keeping this site online. Go NOW!

Sponsors

* Recent Posts/Topics

Re: Filling out i864 with household member. by D-mo
[July 23, 2019, 08:50:53 pm]

Re: Hello All by D-mo
[July 23, 2019, 08:46:48 pm]

Re: Greetings & a unique situation by D-mo
[July 23, 2019, 08:37:57 pm]

Filling out i864 with household member. by suarezj519
[July 23, 2019, 03:44:48 pm]

Hello All by PhillyTy73
[July 13, 2019, 04:27:42 pm]

* Top Topics

* Calendar Information

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

* Most Appreciated Members

D-mo D-mo
TuBabyTierna TuBabyTierna
mexicana mexicana
marcfranc marcfranc
Twincactus Twincactus

* Latest Poll

• Do you like you spouse to be jealous?
  • Dot yes
  • 6 (14%)
  • Dot a little bit
  • 21 (50%)
  • Dot no
  • 15 (35%)
  • Total Members Voted: 42
  • View Topic

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Visa Delivery by DOMEX  (Read 34033 times)

Offline Flisa125

• Mamajuana
    • View Profile
  • Location of my SO: NONE
  • Visa Type: NONE
Re: Visa Delivery by DOMEX
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 09:08:25 am »
Can you pick up the visa (k1)at the Domex central ...? I read someone callled and went to pick it up...is that true...

Yes its true
"Days are scrolls: write on them only what you want remembered!"
- Bchya Ibn Pakuda

Bring Your Dominican Family to the USA - Dominicans to the USA

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 09:08:25 am »

Offline Mayimbe007

• sancocho
  • My son
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 09:38:48 am »
Can you pick up the visa (k1)at the Domex central ...? I read someone callled and went to pick it up...is that true...

To do this you had to tell them at interview time to make the arrangement.  You can also try calling them at their Santo Domingo number.
12-2007 - Visa Approved. Wife is in the States with me, now the fun begins...
04-2009 - Son born
08-2013 - Wife becomes US Citizen
09-2013 - Immigration cycle continues wife petitioned for her mother.
03-2014 - NOA2 Case approved sent to NVC.

K1 FAQ
K3/CR1/IR1 FAQ
Tourist Visa FAQ
Children and Family Member Visa FAQ
Adjustment of Status FAQ

Offline tropical

• Moro
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 01:26:13 pm »
My SO called to see if it was there at SD....If it's there the day he calls, he can pick it up, if it's out for delivery than he'll just have to wait for them to deliver.  So far they haven't received it from the consulate & don't have any further details for us.

Offline tropical

• Moro
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2008, 01:41:41 pm »
In my opinion, for what it's worth, they should just issue the visa since common sense says the I130 was obviously already approved we got this far.

I agree, I don't know what all of the mystery is about.  If they have your info(which they must have cause when they interview you they have a whole bunch of papers in front) and they know your I-130 was approved by the NVC in the first place and you're supplying everything they've asked for the day of your interview, why does this have to hold up your visa being issued, just like everyone else that's gone & received it in 4 to 7 days.

My biggest frustration here is the fact that our 2 year old hadn't seen her dad in 8 months.  When she saw him again she was distant w/him & finally after the first week we were there she started warming up to him again & than we had to leave without him, this has confused the heck out of her.  I had to run after her when we went into immigration at the airport in STI cause she wanted her Daddy & than on the plane she was crying calling for him.  It broke my heart & all because of some 'mistake' and some red tape.  How do you explain that to a 2 year old...

Offline kverdugo

• Moro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008, 02:06:10 pm »
In my opinion, for what it's worth, they should just issue the visa since common sense says the I130 was obviously already approved we got this far.

I agree, I don't know what all of the mystery is about.  If they have your info(which they must have cause when they interview you they have a whole bunch of papers in front) and they know your I-130 was approved by the NVC in the first place and you're supplying everything they've asked for the day of your interview, why does this have to hold up your visa being issued, just like everyone else that's gone & received it in 4 to 7 days.

My biggest frustration here is the fact that our 2 year old hadn't seen her dad in 8 months.  When she saw him again she was distant w/him & finally after the first week we were there she started warming up to him again & than we had to leave without him, this has confused the heck out of her.  I had to run after her when we went into immigration at the airport in STI cause she wanted her Daddy & than on the plane she was crying calling for him.  It broke my heart & all because of some 'mistake' and some red tape.  How do you explain that to a 2 year old...
Exactly! I mean We've already been waiting for 2 yrs + now we gotta wait for the petition they already know was approved. In my case they don't even know where it's at.

Offline Ennovi

• sancocho
  • My angel
    • View Profile
  • Visa Type: IR1
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2008, 02:19:30 pm »
I never agreed with this DOMEX visa delivery. IMAO it should go back how it was. or just have us go even 3 or 4 days back to the consulate to pick it up.. but at least you know it will have the visa in your hands right then and there.  They can use that courier fee, to hire a person just to give out the visas..
***Ennovi & Gus forever***
After 25 months wait..Visa Approved 4/14/08
POE 4/28/08
Baby boy  3/2010 !

Offline Mayimbe007

• sancocho
  • My son
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2008, 02:36:54 pm »
I never agreed with this DOMEX visa delivery. IMAO it should go back how it was. or just have us go even 3 or 4 days back to the consulate to pick it up.. but at least you know it will have the visa in your hands right then and there.  They can use that courier fee, to hire a person just to give out the visas..

At the expense of having an increase in people coming back daily thus taking away valuable interviewing time from the consuls.  I don't think so.  Do you remember how many appointments they were processing per month before they began the initiative?
04-2009 - Son born

K1 FAQ
K3/CR1/IR1 FAQ
Tourist Visa FAQ
Adjustment of Status FAQ

Offline Ennovi

• sancocho
  • My angel
    • View Profile
  • Visa Type: IR1
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2008, 02:50:47 pm »

At the expense of having an increase in people coming back daily thus taking away valuable interviewing time from the consuls.  I don't think so.  Do you remember how many appointments they were processing per month before they began the initiative?

I don't think that really affects their productivity, there were many factors involved, the cases being returned to the NVC, among other things.  The point is to use that money from the courier fee that WE pay toward hiring a person just to issue the visas.. it doesn't have to be necessarily a  CO's.

Mayimbe I would pay extra $$ to have that visa in 3-4 days  I am sure others would too.
***Ennovi & Gus forever***
After 25 months wait..Visa Approved 4/14/08
POE 4/28/08
Baby boy  3/2010 !

Offline Mayimbe007

• sancocho
  • My son
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2008, 02:52:41 pm »

I don't think that really affects their productivity, there were many factors involved, the cases being returned to the NVC, among other things.  The point is to use that money from the courier fee that WE pay toward hiring a person just to issue the visas.. it doesn't have to be necessarily a  CO's.

Mayimbe I would pay extra $$ to have that visa in 3-4 days  I am sure others would too.

I agree, let's hope Mr. Bent is reading this..... ;)
04-2009 - Son born

K1 FAQ
K3/CR1/IR1 FAQ
Tourist Visa FAQ
Adjustment of Status FAQ

Offline tropical

• Moro
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2008, 01:58:19 pm »

I agree, let's hope Mr. Bent is reading this..... ;)

Yes lets hope he is....I know he's too busy to add any extra work to his busy schedule, but maybe he can look into the cases that have already been approved but haven't received the VISAS yet.

Offline ScottC

• Global Moderator
  • Mamajuana
    • View Profile
    • National Hydrogen Foundation.org
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2008, 03:53:42 am »
Folks

To clarify, it boils down to space, there is just not enough of it. The embassy is processing way more cases than they used to when you picked up your visa at the Embassy, one of the reasons they are able to do that is because they made room for more people by clearing out all the people waiting to receive their visas.

Now on a good note, They are currently building a new Embassy on the other side of town, this will be a much larger facility with much better services
If I remember correctly, Mr. Bent stated that it was due for completion in 2 years.
So they needed to take an interim measure until that facility is complete.

Also FYI, The Embassy choose Domex because the other delivery services (i.e. FedEx, DHL, and UPS) did not bid on the contract to deliver the visa's
Began application process 2004 (I-130/I-129F)
GREEN CARDS RECEIVED NOV. 21, 2008

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION
www.nationalhydrogenfoundation.org

Offline tropical

• Moro
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2008, 12:50:41 pm »

Exactly! I mean We've already been waiting for 2 yrs + now we gotta wait for the petition they already know was approved. In my case they don't even know where it's at.

kverdugo, have you received your visa yet????  My SO will be calling Domex again tomorrow to find out the status, it'll be 3 weeks on Tuesday since our interview.

Offline kverdugo

• Moro
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2008, 07:43:29 pm »

kverdugo, have you received your visa yet????  My SO will be calling Domex again tomorrow to find out the status, it'll be 3 weeks on Tuesday since our interview.

No not yet :'( The NVC and the consulate still don't know where our I130 petition is. For all I know someone lost it... Hopefully I don't have to wait until 2020 before they find it under a stack of papers in some warehouse in china...

Offline Anyelin&Junior

• Platano
  • Virginia Beach Sept 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2008, 09:25:03 am »
Tropical ..did u give them an address to deliver the visa to? or no?  I heard if you DO NOT give them an address you can pick it up.
CR1
7/27/07 -Sent I-130
10/18/07-Approved I-130
11/09/07-Received DS-3032/ I864 Bill Package
11/16/07- Paid I-864 Bill
12/07/07- Received I-864 Package
12/08/07- Received DS-230 Bill
12/10/07- Paid DS-230 Bill
12/14/07- Sent I-864
01/04/08- NVC Requests DS-230 & Documents
02/14/08- Sent DS-230 & Documents
02/28/08- Received by NVC
03/05/08-  Case Completed
INTERVIEW MAY 20, 2008 @ 6:15AM!!!!!
May 17- LEAVE TO DR!!!YAY!!!!
APPROVED May 20
BACK TOGETHER Sat May 31
QUE ALEGRIA!!!!

Offline tropical

• Moro
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2008, 04:02:32 pm »
Yes they have the address & my SO phone number so they can call him when they receive it from the consulate, but since we don't know if they'll call my SO has been calling them every week anyway.  She should be calling today or tomorrow since now it's 3 weeks since our nterview.

Offline savyandmanny

• Presidente
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE PAGE
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2008, 10:57:31 am »
I think that's a bit of a while...be persistant ...When I first called the girl on the phone said my ticket # was not in the system etc..etc...then she look thru the names and said.."oh..yeah..its here.."...so keep checking and try for them to check maybe thru the name....just my .02
K1 PROCESS TIMELINE FOR SAVYANDMANNY:

10/06 I-29F SENT
12/06-I-29F NOA 2 Recieved (approval)
1/07 - Place on SDO waiting list...
3/25/08 - Cita and approval :)
4/12/08 - Arrival into the States
4/29/08 - SSN
6/12/08- GOT MARRIED
7/3/08-AOS sent
7/14/08- NOA 1
8/8/08 -Biometrics
9/11/08 - Transfer to Cali
10/06/08 - AP & EAD!! Horaay!!

Offline Twincactus

• Owner, creator, and God of the board
  • Administrator
  • Mamajuana
  • Dame una bien fria!
    • View Profile
    • Dominicans to the USA
  • Location of my SO: Santo Domingo
  • Visa Type: CR-1
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2008, 01:17:57 am »
Yes they have the address & my SO phone number so they can call him when they receive it from the consulate, but since we don't know if they'll call my SO has been calling them every week anyway.  She should be calling today or tomorrow since now it's 3 weeks since our nterview.

Please PM me your info. This is too long.

-Tim
I have a new wife and it's my business.

"cuelame el cafe claro"

K1 FAQ
K3/CR-1/IR-1 FAQ

Tourist Visa FAQ

Adjustment of Status FAQ

Americanwomenreallysuck.com
Timmy's Toy Shop

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline immigrationman

• Moro
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2008, 05:04:17 am »
This isn't a DOMEX problem, I've already explained this to Tropical.

Offline Twincactus

• Owner, creator, and God of the board
  • Administrator
  • Mamajuana
  • Dame una bien fria!
    • View Profile
    • Dominicans to the USA
  • Location of my SO: Santo Domingo
  • Visa Type: CR-1
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2008, 12:55:00 am »
This isn't a DOMEX problem, I've already explained this to Tropical.

Thanks!

-Tim
I have a new wife and it's my business.

"cuelame el cafe claro"

K1 FAQ
K3/CR-1/IR-1 FAQ

Tourist Visa FAQ

Adjustment of Status FAQ

Americanwomenreallysuck.com
Timmy's Toy Shop

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline morenochulo

• Platano
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2008, 05:46:24 pm »
Maybe I missed it, but when my wife went to the consulate to give in the two documents that they wanted after our interview approval which was the prior Wed. Yesterday they, the consulate and then I guess Domex, took and kept her Dominican Passport as well.  Will they be sending the passport back to her with the Visa and why did they take her passport? She could not tell me why and unfortunately she did'nt ask which sort of made me ask her whatever happened to common sense which all of you know started a little tiff! :beathorse:
Filed March of 2k7
Medical paper work and Open Cita notice received March of 2k8(Wow quick)
3 month gap(March to July) only because of job projects and obligations here in NYC
She was approved on July 16th 2k8
She'll be here in August 2k8

* Please help!

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 191
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Latest Members

* Board Statistics

• stats Total Members: 2523
  • stats Total Posts: 236877